Just for Fun Holiday Edition: Every summer, you can pretty much guarantee your little camper makes puppy chow while at Vista. Well, here’s a holiday version to bring camp to you.
Holiday Chow Mix.. brought to you by Beth Rumbo. 🙂
· 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
· 10 ounces of Andes Peppermint Baking Chips (or ANY peppermint flavored baking chips)
· 1 cup powdered sugar
· 6 large candy canes, crushed
· Melt the Andes Peppermint Baking Chips in the microwave in a large glass bowl in 20-30 second intervals on half power, stirring between each interval until full melted.
· Pour the Chex Cereal into the bowl and stir and fold the cereal and melted baking chips until fully coated.
· In a large zip top baggie, pour in the powdered sugar and the crushed candy canes.
· Pour in the coated chex cereal.
· Seal the baggie and shake vigorously until all the cereal is coated with the sugar and candy canes… here’s where you can get creative too; by adding mini M&Ms, Reese Pieces, etc.
· Boom! Festive Puppy Chow…. careful it’s addictive!