- Your Tribe Becomes Your Second Family—From the moment you are initiated until your final summer at Vista Camps, your tribe is there for you every step of the way. They become that camp family you always dreamed of having and are there for you through every experience, triumph, and challenge. Your tribe becomes your source of pride and you just can’t wait to get back to the group of people that have grown right along with you throughout the years. Whether you are a Kiowa, Chickasaw, Golden Arrow or Sioux, you will be a part of that tribe for life! Just ask the Vista Alum!
- You Want to Try New Things—Let’s face it, camp can be a very scary experience if you have never been away from home before. A summer away from the comforts of your home may seem daunting at first, but it can be one of the most beneficial situations you ever put yourself in. Summer camp allows you to try new activities in a safe, friendly environment where having fun and challenging yourself is strongly encouraged. At Vista Camps, the possibilities are endless with more than 40 fun and educational activities to choose from! It’s definitely hard to ignore that adventurous spirit after spending a summer on the banks of the beautiful Guadalupe River!
- You Learn That Technology Isn’t Everything—Who needs Netflix when you can shoot a bow and arrow instead? We all know that technology can be a ton of fun, but there’s nothing quite like the feeling of satisfaction you get from knowing that you spent the majority of your day outdoors. The best thing about Vista Camps is that you don’t need technology to have fun because endless fun awaits you there! Spending your summers in the beautiful Texas Hill Country with best friends by your side helps you see the simplicity in life and will have you craving the beautiful outdoors in no time.
- You learn There’s Never a Bad Time to Sing or Dance—Have you caught yourself spontaneously singing and dancing just because? Sometimes a day at Vista Camps feels like you’re walking through the set of a broadway musical! That’s because Vista Camps is a happy place full of energetic people that can’t help loving where they are. Whether that is expressed through a dance or a song, the positive energy is contagious and the temptation to join in can’t be denied.
- You’ll Consistently Crave Vista Camps Food—We have four words for you… Miss Becky’s Cinnamon Rolls. You may think you’re sick of it, but you’ll be dreaming of that grilled cheese or coffee cake months down the road in the middle of your math test!Camp food is the best food because it’s made with love by our beloved Miss Becky, served when you’re tired and need it most, and enjoyed with your Vista Camps family by your side. There’s no denying the power of the s’more and we’re almost positive that you’ll be missing camp goodies just as much as we are!
Spending a summer at camp is a unique experience that many campers want to enjoy on their own. Some campers like to keep their camp life and school life separate while parents would sometimes rather see their child attend camp with a friend.
We’re here to tell you that camp is just as much fun when friends from home come too!
Here are the top 4 reasons why it’s okay to have friends from home attend camp with your child:
- Separate but together. Hometown friends that attend camp together don’t have to be together all the time! Parents can talk to camp directors about friends being in separate cabins, each child will build their own special relationships with new friends, and they will each be able to create their own custom schedule from a list of over 35 activities. They can be together as much or as little as they would like. Each child will have their very own unique experience here at Vista! During free time and at meals, friends from home can catch up on each other’s days before they are whisked off to another fun activity or event.
- Making memories that bond you for life. Vista Camps is a magical place. The special traditions and memories made at Vista are like no other. Friends will be able to reminisce about camp all year long and look forward to doing something special together each summer. No one else from back home will understand what it means to compete in War Canoe or be a part of Superthon for your tribe! Bonds like that are hard to find in the real world.
- Someone familiar. Being homesick at camp is not uncommon for our young, first year campers. Our staff at Vista Camps is trained and equipped to help remedy any uncertainty, but it is always nice to have a familiar face from home that you can turn to. Having someone you know close by helps the transition into camp go smoother and increases confidence for our first time campers.
- It’s so much fun! Think of camp as a sleepover with your closests friends from home except it doesn’t end after the weekend is over and there’s so much more to do! Our staff is here to make sure your camper is constantly engaged in a new activity or experience. There’s never a dull moment with your friends at Vista Camps!
We highly encourage campers to spread the Vista Love and share camp with their friends from home. It’s a good idea for parents to talk to their kids about expectations once at camp. Be sure to explain that they might not be in every single activity together or sit together at meals every day, but that’s okay. We encourage each camper to choose the activities that best suit their personality and preference rather than following the crowd. Camp is a safe place to branch out of their comfort zones. You never know, your child might come home with the realization that they have a real knack for journalism or that they are a natural at archery!