It’s no secret that a summer at Vista Camps is non-stop fun! During the summer our campers have a chance to unplug from technology and spend their days outside with friends. At Vista Camps, when we say kids are active from sunrise to sunset, we mean it! Our days are structured so that our campers are always moving and always having fun!
With so many activities and special events going on each session, it’s hard to pick a favorite. But we’ve highlighted a few things that we just can’t wait for this summer!
- War Canoe. We love getting to cool off in the beautiful Guadalupe River and when you add the excitement from War Canoe, you can’t go wrong! A personal favorite among campers and staff each summer; we can’t wait to see who wins this year.
- Superthon. Campers spend all summer running up and down fields playing their favorite sport, trying something new or racing to the dining hall for the best meal by Miss. Becky. What they don’t realize is that’s perfect training for Superthon, our all camp race that each camper gets to participate in!
- Horseback Riding. Cowboy boots? Check. Hat (over a helmet of course)? Check. Learning how to gallop on a horse? It’s a Texas tradition to perfect your riding skills at Vista Camps!
- Rope Swings. Watching a new Vista camper try the Giant Rope Swing for the first time is a wonderful sight to see! Their face lights up having tried something exciting and new; something they would never be able to try at home! When your child returns home they will certainly go on and on about this incredible adventure.
- Counselor vs Camper Softball Game. It’s a game for the history books. Campers, do you want a chance to say you won against the counselors?! We just have two words… Game. On!
Can you feel the excitement as you’re reading this list? As camp gets closer, we can’t help but spread the Vista Love with everyone we see! Get excited and see you soon!