Children at Vista Camps can have an exciting summer filled with a wide variety of activities of their choosing. All kids at both our camps, whether boys at Camp Rio Vista or girls at Camp Sierra Vista, get to “choose their own adventure” for summer from our vast array of more than 40 fun and educational activities.
All campers select eight to nine activities to participate in during their stay at camp, with a rotating schedule leaving no opportunities for boredom. All sessions run for an hour, and campers are divided by age and skill level, when appropriate, to ensure all boys and girls have a fulfilling opportunity to enjoy themselves and further their own skill development. Classes rotate every other day with Sundays free for open activities, the ever-popular Counselor vs. Camper Softball Game, and special programs such as Tree Climbing.
Whether your son or daughter is a fan of team sports like football, basketball or volleyball or prefers an individual competition, such as golf, martial arts or tennis, kids in the Vista Bubble have all the sports options they could dream of. We also offer children other great aquatic activities, including canoeing, kayaking, SUP and knee boarding, all sure to make a splash.
We also offer other exciting summertime activities in the great outdoors. Campers can also choose to participate in horseback riding, fishing and riflery to round out their summer experiences. In addition, campers have the opportunity for artistic, personal growth and reflective activities, with scrapbooking, journalism, yoga, reading, dance and drama sessions designed to work out campers’ minds as well as their bodies.
- Water Skiing
- Knee Boarding
- Paddle Boarding
- Chumble – Cheer & Tumbling
- Frisbee and Disc Golf
- Ropes Course
- Trap Shooting
- Outdoor Skills
- Just for Fun – Every camper should take JFF! Short for ‘Just For Fun’ – JFF consists of Blobbing, Slip n’ Slide, making homemade ice-cream, trips to the L.W.C. Sky’s the Limit!
- Camp Craft – Learn how to survive in the wild by hunting for food, building a fire, and other outdoorsy activities. If your plane ever goes down in the mountains, you’ll have the skills to save the other passengers and be a hero. 🙂
- Arts and Crafts
- Co-Ed Dance
- Scrap Booking
- Mega Mind – Science experiments such as film canister rockets, volcanoes at the beach, making slime, and much, much more.
- Animal Care – In animal care you will have the experiences of holding, feeding and being around a number of different and interesting animals and visiting the local wildlife rehabilitation center.